A Melbourne gardener has launched legal action against a global pharmaceutical giant in the first Australian case to link cancer with popular weedkiller Roundup.
Michael Ogalirolo, 54, was diagnosed in 2011 with non Hodgkin lymphoma, after more than 18 years of exposure to glyphosate, the active component in Roundup.
OUR VERY STRONG RECOMMENDATION
1. Print & read your SDS Register! On the "Safety Data Sheets & Index" page press the "SDS Index" button.
2. Identify your Hazardous Substances and Dangerous Goods (they are all marked on your SDS Register).
3. Ensure your workers and subbys always have access to all SDS either electronically or hard copy.
4. Ensure your workers and sub contractors understand what PPE they MUST wear for each substance.
5. Ensure the required PPE is always available to workers.
6. Ensure they actually do wear the required PPE.
YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS COULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE